Shift Supervisor – Boston, Lincs
£Attractive Hourly Rate with 2-2-3 rotating shift pattern
Freshtime are ambitious and passionate about our growth and innovation and have recently gained new and exciting business opportunities making this an exciting time to join the Company.
To work in conjunction with all Production Managers / Despatch Manager / Factory Manager to maximize efficiency & performance of the people & the equipment. To assist in the smooth running of the departments to ensure out loads are met & product is produced to the correct specification & quality attributes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist in & demonstrate the active promotion of a safety culture and ensure all Health and Safety requirements are met in the area, and the culture within the shift is H&S aware.
- To take ownership for product quality in the day to day running of the area & ensure that team understand the parameters & the expectations around product make up & quality.
- To assist in the achievement of & improvement of standard utilization of raw materials, packaging, labour and energy in the area.
- To assist in ensuring good hygiene and housekeeping practices are maintained at all times in area. Ensure the product is manufactured in a hygienic environment in compliance with Food Legislation and Freshtime UK procedures.
- Ensure good communications are maintained within area / shift and across all departments. Communications also required to external suppliers, auditors & customers, these too need to be good, professional & representative of the Company standards.
- To assist in the setting of performance standards for the area of accountability to achieve the required level of profitability. Monitor & report upon performance against these targets as required, then drive improvements.
- Liaise and communicate with both technical and hygiene departments to ensure cleaning is completed in a satisfactory manner and concession raised as necessary.
- Act as a mentor for section manager’s / team leaders.
- Ensure that Company rules & procedures including disciplinary, grievance & absence procedures are correctly & consistently applied.
- To assist in the support of new product development to ensure shortest possible time from conception to customer.
- To ensure clear communication of issues in handovers to other managers, & escalation of quality or service issues to your Line Manager.
- To help to facilitate a continuous improvement environment.
- To cover leave of colleagues.
- To maintain a high level of customer service – internally & externally.
- To identify, organize and implement continual training & development of team members to ensure they are multi-skilled & adequate skills coverage across the shift.
- To delivery agreed KPI’s across the shift & within the areas, ensure understanding by team & data captured to show information required.
- In addition, you may be required to carry out any other duties within your capacity which the Company may reasonably require.
Please visit our website at www.freshtime.co.uk
If you haven’t heard from us within 3 weeks from your application date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful. Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications that we receive we are unable to provide individual feedback.