|We are a privately-owned business that are currently expanding and looking for two QA Managers one each to cover a day shift and night shift.
|Job Title: QA Managers
Shift Pattern: Day Shift 8am to 5pm & Night Shift 11pm to 8am
Pay: £27,000-£32,000 dependant upon experience (for night shift role there is also a shift allowance)
On-site car park
Close to town
Fresh Rewards Discount Scheme I.e. Cycle to work, retail discounts
Employee fun day/gala dinner
Who are Freshtime?
Freshtime is a privately-owned company founded in 2000 supplying major retailers with prepared vegetables. The site has had over £14 million invested in it to have their own purpose-built site.
Continuously investing in our factory, our processes and our people are key to our success and ensure that we are always leading the way in our markets.
Freshtime is at the heart of the UK fresh produce industry covering 82,500 square feet, employing around 350 staff and ideally located to supply customers throughout the country.
To ensure product safety, quality and legality, by way of applying customer standards, and thereafter continually challenging and improving upon accepted practices, to the benefit of our customers and the Company.
1. Management and development of QA team by way of determining the resource needs, establish and address identified training needs, coaching and mentoring of team. Ensuring QA cover.
2. Assist implementation and monitoring a fully integrated Quality Management System, designed to assure product quality, safety and legality – in-line with customer requirements.
4. Assist in the delivery of successful technical audits; namely customer hygiene audits, product and process control audits, and BRC evaluation.
5. Develop robust Quality Control and validation systems in-line with NPD; involving, for example on-going taste panels, on-line Quality Attribute Sheets, and other innovative tools to best communicate quality standards to staff.
6. Provide technical knowledge and support (e.g. microbiological, equipment design etc.) to the business as required.
7. Ensuring compliance with HACCP.
8. Challenge and contribute to establishing training standards, ensuring that all staff receive appropriate training, commensurate with the role they undertake and ensuring PDP where appropriate.
9. Communicate technical issues and ‘updates’ (via notice boards, briefings etc.) to staff and other business team members.
10. To be responsible for conducting investigations when required.
11. To ensure all samples needed for daily tests by analytical provider are present and collected
12. To ensure factory audits conducted by QA team are carried out correctly and on time ensuring corrective actions are closed out.
13. Organise and run shelf life and organoleptic
14. Ensure customer complaints are dealt with and ensuring route cause analysis carried out
15. Ensure effective handover document for Shift QA Manager colleague
16. Ensure traceability in place
If you have the necessary skill set and are keen to progress in your career, send your CV to our HR Department; firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ideal candidate must have the below:
· Proven experience of managing and developing a team. Able to coach, develop and lead a team in proactive manner
· Ability to build relationships at all levels
· Excellent English ability – written, verbal, reading.
· Relevant food safety/science qualification. Food Safety Level 3. HACCP Level 3.
· Experience of being involved with BRC audits and customer audits
· Excellent attention to detail
· Good computer skills – Excel, Word, email, etc
· Knowledge and understanding of microbiology, HACCP, traceability
· Strong technical background with experience of working in a similar role in the food industry
· Able to work as part of a team
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Good problem solving and decision-making skills
· Able to communicate at all levels both internally and externally.
· Confident and able to influence
· Able to work the shift pattern and to be flexible if required regarding customer visits and audits